Guidelines for book donations to Reese Unity District Library
Current books will be evaluated to determine if they should be added to the library’s collection. If they do not meet our selection criteria, they will be placed in the used book sale.
Books intended for the book sale: Please help our staff by donating only materials that are in good saleable condition.
Books and periodicals that we cannot use or even dispose of:
- Outdated informational books (e.g. technological, tax, investment, medical, educational, legal, etc.)
- Books that have been kept in storage and musty/mildewed, torn, stained, or damaged in any way.
- Outdated textbooks (more than five years old)
- Encyclopedias that are more than ten years old
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- Technical or medical journals, AARP magazines, catalogs.